Thursday, July 09, 2009
Sitka!
We feel very lucky that we got to visit our friends Steve and Peggy up in Sitka, Alaska. Mama and Papa met them in Vermont, where Papa and Steve worked together. Shortly after I came along, they came out here and opened an adventure lodge (http://www.sitkabay.com/). They take guests hiking, biking, and kayaking. They've also gotten very involved in their community, working hard to make Sitka a more sustainable place. They've been instrumental in starting a farmer's market and a regular contradance and are very active in the Sitka Conservation Society.
This is Steve -- after a couple of days together, he became one of my very favorite people.

This is Peggy. She's pretty high on the list too. I played with cars in the living room while Peggy did her morning yoga, and I've added a couple of new yoga moves to my repertoire as a result.
This is Peggy. She's pretty high on the list too. I played with cars in the living room while Peggy did her morning yoga, and I've added a couple of new yoga moves to my repertoire as a result.