Monday, September 13, 2010
Vermont!
At the beginning of August, we took a trip to Vermont. Mama and Papa dragged me around to see lots of people and places that are special to them, but that I (mostly) didn't remember, since I was 5 months old when we left and 18 months old the last time we visited. I sometimes complained that we were going too many places, but I had a good time overall, and the trip must have made an impression, because, recently, when asked where we were from, Papa said Germany, Mama said California, and then I said, "And I'm from Vermont!"
Mama and Papa showed me the Round Church in Richmond where they got married.
I had a great time playing with Eleanor. We met when we were very small, so we didn't remember each other, but we are good friends now.
I really liked all the painted cows on Church Street. I had Mama take my photo with a whole bunch of them, but she decided one was enough for the blog. They have very sturdy concrete bases. The word on the street is that one would-be cow tipper got his foot stuck underneath one and was caught red-handed (footed?).
We visited Steph and Ross in Montpelier...
And I got to see the statehouse. I was impressed by the golden dome, the fossils in the floor, and the cannon in front, which Papa and I pretended to set off!
