Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Fastnacht (Mardi Gras/Carnival)
N&A: Our German-speaking playgroup had a pretty fun Fastnacht party
N: I dressed up as Superman! Mama and I made that S after she finally learned how to use the sewing machine (with a little help from Papa and a little help from the instruction manual). I enjoyed playing Superman for a while, but it didn't stick. Maybe that's because deep down I really want to be Spiderman instead (too hard for Mama given her current sewing skills) or maybe because Mama and Papa say superheros always do what they're asked cheefully, even if they're tired or they don't really feel like it. I asked Mama what Superman would do first if he were asked to set the table and save a "goodie" from a "baddie" at the same time. I also wanted to know why Superman wears such tight clothes (I've seen pictures). I even stuffed my sleeves and pants legs with socks to look more like Superman. Anyway, since the Superman thing didn't really stick, Mama is back to asking me to be a "really useful engine" when she wants me to help out.
A: You can't see it very well in this photo, but I dressed up as a crocodile for the Fastnacht party. I get to play superheros with Noah sometimes. I am Superbaby, and I fly around with Mama on my back. My super powers are spitting up and drooling on "baddies". They stop doing bad things and run home to have a shower. When there are no "baddies" to spit up on, I wear a bib.
