Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Germany Part I
N&A: Although traveling to and from Ortenberg was tough, it was all worth it to get to spend lots of time with Oma, Opa, Onkel Thomas, Onkel Matthias, and many Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and friends. We'll post some general photos of our time in and around Ortenberg here, and then photos of some of our longer side trips as separate posts.
N: Here I am cutting up the dance floor with Victoria at Schlossfest (a big party held each year at the castle up on the hill). We got to be pretty good friends -- she lives across the street from Oma and Opa, and our papas grew up together. In fact, Mama and I were looking at Papa's pre-school and first grade photos and Victoria's papa was in them too!
N&A: Here we are with Onkel Thomas (red) and Lino (blue).
A: Having a beer with Oma and Opa
N&A: This is one of Oma's favorite benches
This (the view) is why!
N: Here I am hanging out (literally) with Onkel Matthias in a lovely valley in the Schwarzwald (Black Forest), where we went for lunch and a very little Spaziergang (walk) on Papa's birthday.
A: Next time I get to drive...
N: I loved the tour of this really old silver mine near Haslach
N: What do you do with too much zucchini? Opa and I set out to carve a Jack-o-lantern of sorts, but then we realized you could put the hose in the bottom and it became a fountain... As you can see, Opa and I had a lot of fun together.
N: Here I am cutting up the dance floor with Victoria at Schlossfest (a big party held each year at the castle up on the hill). We got to be pretty good friends -- she lives across the street from Oma and Opa, and our papas grew up together. In fact, Mama and I were looking at Papa's pre-school and first grade photos and Victoria's papa was in them too!
N: The annual Streif family reunion was a little overwhelming for me at first. Imagine meeting 60+ relatives you don't remember all at once. The hightlights for me were riding the pony and running around like crazy with two of my second cousins.
N: Here I am at the Bodensee (aka Lake Konstanz) playing horses with my friends Mathis, Marla, and Mathilde, all children of Papa's high school friends. Marla and Mathilde are horses, and Mathis and I are driving.
N: This is Gerhold's Eck, a very cool castle ruin. I'm really into knights now, and this is where it all started.
N: Opa took me on an awesome tractor ride through the vineyards.

